We offer a range of courses, programmes, and other services for groups of individuals, health professionals, aspiring peer coaches, and leaders & members of community groups.
We know that ALF’s courses and programmes are unique in the field by providing all of the following and more:
- Weekly group tutorial sessions for questions, after the teaching session
- Ongoing Peer Groups that continue after the programmes have finished, for both personal and professional development
- One to One Tutorials or Coaching during the course (number dependent on the level and length of the course)
- Skills for both those who are new to the work or those who wish to enhance their current skills
- Personal development for those who wish to learn more about themselves or to support their families, friends, or the wider community
- Professional development for those who wish to work in the healthcare field, change careers, or undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Supervision for those who work in the field
- An environment where you can meet new people, build relationships in your communities, ensure you have good emotional and mental wellness; support others to improve emotional and mental wellness; give and receive support during these current challenging times; contribute in a meaningful way in your community; learn to handle stress; improve physical health; and potentially set up your own groups or businesses in your local community helping others.
As of November 2020 we are focusing our efforts and resources on delivering our Level 2 qualifications, due to feedback about the needs of our local communities, as well as having acquired a small amount of funding from Tesco Bags of Help, to offer some full fee bursaries to individuals in the Biggleswade and Leighton Buzzard areas (do contact us if you are from other areas of Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire and need some financial support)
This does not mean that you cannot register your interest in our other courses & programmes, as the more enquiries we get, the more likely we will be able to acquire funding for them.
NB Whilst COVID restrictions are in place, we will deliver courses and groups via zoom, but will being to resume face to face meetups, as and when possible. There are still some outdoor projects such as community gardening we support, that are currently running, so please so enquire if you want to find out more.
Click on the boxes below to find out more about the Level 2 courses:
Level 2 Award in Supporting Emotional & Mental Wellness in the Community
The course is for people who would like to learn how to support others’ emotional wellness, at the same time as ensuring their own robustness. It will be of particular interest to those who are involved in, or running, groups in the community, as well as health professionals who want to learn more about our approach.
Level 2 Certificate in Emerging Peer Confidante
The Level 2 Emerging Peer Confidante qualification enables you to gain a qualification by attending groups, learning the peering skills, and practicing the skills as part of a supportive community. As such, the course content is taught in facilitated discussions based on the 12 modules of the Level 2 course.